If you are a coach and not yet a member, it is time to join us!
1. Build competency
By joining our Learning Community, you receive a number of Education & Development programs that provide our coaches with unparalleled growth opportunities. In addition to our 1-2 webinars per month, we provide opportunities to observe Coaching in Action and join a Special Interest Group to keep your skills strong and earn continuing education credit. If you are unable to attend at the designated time, no problem! Listen to the recording, answer a few questions and earn CCEUs!
2. Be part of a community
We provide multiple ways to come together and engage with fellow coaches, both in person and virtually. Our Virtual Coaches Network is a monthly opportunity to get on a zoom call and connect informally with other coaches. This is a facilitated discussion meant to be informal and engaging. Our Coach Cafes are in person networking opportunities to connect and learn with other coaches with a topic of discussion for each café. And our Annual Members' Meeting is a great way to hear from the Board, learn about the organization, an provide feedback and help shape plans for the following year. And, it is fun networking time!
Our Member Connect Newsletter is an e-newsletter you will receive every other month to stay informed about chapter activities, events and other useful information. Make sure you have firstname.lastname@example.org marked as a safe address in your email program
Our ICF - Wisconsin LinkedIn group, Facebook Page, and Instagram page are also great ways to stay involved in your ICF Wisconsin community. You can learn about upcoming events and share ideas and information with your colleagues.
As a member of ICF Wisconsin, you will find many opportunities to collaborate with fellow coaches and give back through our various collaborative efforts with community organizations. Stay tuned for more information about the community service projects associated with International Coaching Week May 4-10 2020 and the Midwest Region Coaches Conference Sept 29 - Oct 2, 2020.
You can also collaborate by joining our Board of Directors, one of our committees, or a Midwest Conference planning committee. There are four active committees that members can join to share their talents and support the organization:
- Education & Development: Building our members’ capabilities to have thriving coaching careers. This includes providing learning opportunities focused on core competency skills, coaching in action, topics of special interest, business building, and trends in coaching as a profession.
- Outreach: Getting the word out about coaching and providing coaching in our communities. This committee plans the Chapter’s International Coach Week (May 4-10, 2020) initiatives and builds opportunities to give back to Wisconsin communities by providing the experience of coaching in action. Through these efforts, our communities can feel the positive impact of coaching and we can give back to our communities.
- Marketing and Communication: Promoting and communicating our mission, events and activities to our members, alliances and our Wisconsin communities. This includes event promotion, social media, video production, website, newsletter, sponsorship and any other creative ways we can promote our mission.
- Membership: Fostering engagement and building a sense of community to retain and grow our membership. This includes welcoming new members, celebrating member achievements, coordinating member networking events, gathering member feedback and putting plans in place to respond to our members’ interests.
4. Connect with Those We Serve
There are many ways ICF Wisconsin can help you connect with those who can benefit from your coaching expertise. In addition to community service projects, we provide the Coach Locator on our website where you can manage your profile and potential clients can learn more about you and how you can serve them as a coach. There are also lots of connection that occurs informally with other coaches who can bring you in on their projects and client work!
Yengyee Lor, PCC
Faithful Consulting, LLC
In order to join us, you must have completed or be enrolled in an ICF approved Coach Training Program. You must also first join ICF Global and then select Wisconsin as your local Chapter. We look forward to having you as part of our community!